Manly Lawn Tennis Club runs annual Club Championships. All playing members are eligible to enter one or more grades from Juniors, Open and Seniors. Club Championships are generally held in October (Main) and February (Senior Events) each year.
Watch out for the latest club championship news.
Senior Club Championships
The championships will be conducted over two weekends: Feb 15-16 and Feb 22-23.
October 2019 Championships
The championships will be conducted over three weekends: October 18-20, October 25-27, and November 2 Finals Day. A few matches will be played on Friday evenings. All events will be knockout.
Click on event link below for draws and match play times for Finals day.
CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND CONDITIONS
- All entrants MUST be financial members of the Manly Lawn Tennis Club and MUST be available to play on the published days.
- The Championships will be conducted under the Rules and Code of Conduct of Tennis Australia.
- Open events are for anyone to enter.
- A-Grade Men’s Singles, Doubles and Mixed is for Men who played 2.1 or lower in Badge. A-Grade Women’s Singles, Doubles and Mixed is for Ladies who played 1.2 or no Badge.
- All players who did not play Badge will have their eligibility to enter A grade events at the discretion of the Badge selectors.
- Players can enter a maximum of three events and be prepared to play multiple rounds on any day.
- Match times will be drawn by the Championship Committee and the weekly draw published on the web by Wednesday afternoon for the following weekend play.
- Scoring format:
- Open events will be best of 3 sets with the third set being a 10 point tiebreaker. Open event semis and finals will be best of 3 tiebreaker sets.
- A-grade events will be a long set with first to reach 9 games, tiebreaker at 8 all, A- grade events semis and finals will be best of 3 sets with 3rd set being a 10 point tiebreaker.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Committee may reduce the length of matches and/or change the scoring format.
- If players are not available at their scheduled time to play, they can contact their opponent(s) and try to arrange another suitable time. Each scheduled match must be completed in time for the next round.
- If any event has insufficient entries it may be cancelled.
- The Championship Committee has the entire control and management of the Championships. To resolve any disputes, the decision of the Championship Referee shall be final. The Referee may disqualify any player for violations under the Code of Conduct.
- Combined Age Events will be held in February 2020.
Questions: Denis Crowley, Club Captain 0407021624 or email
October 2019 Sponsors
Enter Club Championships
Enter using the form below, or click to download a 2019 PDF Entry Form: MLTC-ClubChampionships2019_EntryForm
Past Club Champions
Our past club champions are listed below and will include some familiar names to members.
|2000||R. LE SERVE||R. LE SERVE S. FOWLER||NOT PLAYED||NOT PLAYED|
|2001||R. LE SERVE||A. TAYLOR S. MALLINSON||W. CAMELOTTI||M. MYERS T. MIKA|
|2002||R. LE SERVE||R. LE SERVE S. MALLINSON||NOT PLAYED||L. GILTINAN T. MIKA|
|2003||J. LIJEWSKI||R. LE SERVE S. FOWLER||M. CLAY||NOT PLAYED|
|2004||J. RIGG||S. BLACKBURN J. BROWN||M. CLAY||M. CLAY D. BLISS|
|2005||M. ETHERINGTON||N. NASH S. BLUHM||M. CLAY||B. MYERS M. CLAY|
|2006||R. MUIR||S. GROOM S. HAES||V. BEAVER||M. CLAY C. HILL|
|2007||S. GROOM||S. GROOM S. HAES||J. GUNN||V. BEAVER L. BELLAMY|
|2008||B. EDWARD||S. GROOM S. HAES||J. GUNN||J. GUMM M. CLAY|
|2009||S. GROOM||S. GROOM S. HAES||N. BRAY||J. GUNN K. BRUCE|
|2010||R. MITCHELL||A. PATTEN J. MCLEAN||J.LEGGE||N. BRAY J. AMBROSE|
|2011||D. VIDIN||D. VIDIN S. HAES||N. BRAY||J. LEGGE J. GUNN|
|2012||S. WITHELL||S. HAES R. STEEDS||N. BRAY||NOT PLAYED|
|2013||D. KELLY||R. STEEDS J. CORNEY||L. TOWNSEND||N. BRAY L. TOWNSEND|
|2014||A. PATTEN||R. STEEDS J. CORNEY||J. GUNN||J. GUNN Y. DAVIS|
|2015||S. WITHELL||S. WITHELL C. WITHELL||J. GUNN||J. GUNN Y. DAVIS|
|2016||J. WILLESEE||J. WILLESEE S. WHITE||S. SULLIVAN||J. GUNN J. LOFTHUS|