Manly Lawn Tennis Club runs annual Club Championships. All playing members are eligible to enter one or more grades from Juniors, Open and Seniors. Club Championships are generally held in October (Main) and February (Combined Events) each year.
Championship draws, playing times and any revisions are published below.
Watch out for the latest club championship news.
October 2017 Events
For all draws, playing and court times, please click the corresponding links below to find out more detail.
|Courts & Times|
|Knock Out Format Draws|
|Open Men’s Singles||Open Women’s Singles|
|Open Men’s Doubles||Open Women’s Doubles|
|Open Mixed Doubles|
|Round Robin Format Draws|
|A-Grade Men’s Singles||A-Grade Women’s Singles (Insufficient Entries)|
|Men’s Senior 60 Singles||Super Seniors Men’s Doubles (Insufficient Entries)|
CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND CONDITIONS
- All entrants MUST be financial members of the Manly Lawn Tennis Club and MUST be available to play on the published days. Saturday matches may be scheduled to start from 11:30a to 5:30p, Sunday matches from 8:00a to 4:00p.
- A-Grade events are open to players not seeded in any Open event. Age events are open to all club members. Super Senior events are open to ages 65+. All knock out events will be seeded. Events with insufficient entries may be converted to a round robin format.
- Players may play up to 3 events in any session and must be prepared to play multiple rounds on any day.
- Match times will be drawn by the Championship Committee and the weekly draw published on the web by Wednesday afternoon for the following weekend play.
- Scoring format:
- Open events: rounds 2 tie breaker sets/1 super (10 point) tie breaker. Semi finals onwards 3 tie breaker sets.
- Round robin format: 8 game sets with no ad scoring. Gender to gender serving on no ad points in doubles if required.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Committee may reduce the length of matches and/or change the scoring format.
For any questions regarding Club Champs, please email Rob.
Past Club Champions
Our past club champions are listed below and will include some familiar names to members.
|2000||R. LE SERVE||R. LE SERVE S. FOWLER||NOT PLAYED||NOT PLAYED|
|2001||R. LE SERVE||A. TAYLOR S. MALLINSON||W. CAMELOTTI||M. MYERS T. MIKA|
|2002||R. LE SERVE||R. LE SERVE S. MALLINSON||NOT PLAYED||L. GILTINAN T. MIKA|
|2003||J. LIJEWSKI||R. LE SERVE S. FOWLER||M. CLAY||NOT PLAYED|
|2004||J. RIGG||S. BLACKBURN J. BROWN||M. CLAY||M. CLAY D. BLISS|
|2005||M. ETHERINGTON||N. NASH S. BLUHM||M. CLAY||B. MYERS M. CLAY|
|2006||R. MUIR||S. GROOM S. HAES||V. BEAVER||M. CLAY C. HILL|
|2007||S. GROOM||S. GROOM S. HAES||J. GUNN||V. BEAVER L. BELLAMY|
|2008||B. EDWARD||S. GROOM S. HAES||J. GUNN||J. GUMM M. CLAY|
|2009||S. GROOM||S. GROOM S. HAES||N. BRAY||J. GUNN K. BRUCE|
|2010||R. MITCHELL||A. PATTEN J. MCLEAN||J.LEGGE||N. BRAY J. AMBROSE|
|2011||D. VIDIN||D. VIDIN S. HAES||N. BRAY||J. LEGGE J. GUNN|
|2012||S. WITHELL||S. HAES R. STEEDS||N. BRAY||NOT PLAYED|
|2013||D. KELLY||R. STEEDS J. CORNEY||L. TOWNSEND||N. BRAY L. TOWNSEND|
|2014||A. PATTEN||R. STEEDS J. CORNEY||J. GUNN||J. GUNN Y. DAVIS|
|2015||S. WITHELL||S. WITHELL C. WITHELL||J. GUNN||J. GUNN Y. DAVIS|
|2016||J. WILLESEE||J. WILLESEE S. WHITE||S. SULLIVAN||J. GUNN J. LOFTHUS|