Given the ongoing and worsening situation with the COVID 19 virus, and following advice from Tennis NSW and the directions from The NSW Government, the MLTC Committee has decided:
- To close the Clubhouse completely. Players will only be allowed to use the outside Toilet. No other access will be allowed.
- The MTC will continue to offer limited coaching and court hire only.
- The Pro shop will remain open
- Organised Social tennis at the Club – midweek and Saturday will be temporarily suspended.
- MLTC member courts will be available for play. Members will have to organise their own sets between themselves if they still want to play.
- All players will be requested to keep their visit to the Club confined to their playing time on court. It is not acceptable for players to sit next to each other on court seating while watching others play. Social gatherings are not permitted.
- Members will have to supply their own balls during this time.
- Members should not invite visitors to play until this crisis abates.
This is a difficult time for everyone. Members need to be mindful of the current environment and not be complacent. I think it is only a matter of time before stricter restrictions on our movement come into place and we may have to close the Club. Until then the MLTC is following closely advice from TNSW which in turn is in close contact with the Health authorities.
Can I again urge all Members to be mindful of the Hygiene guidelines and player numbers.
Good hygiene and distancing yourself from other people is still the best defence. Players should wash their hands before and after play.
All the best