Further to our communication of last week, I wish to provide you with an update regarding the 2020 Sydney Badge Competition.
As communicated previously, all Sydney Badge Competition matches have been postponed based on the best interests of both the public health system and in the interest of player safety & wellbeing in relation to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation; this is in line with Federal government recommendations that sporting teams/codes maintain local competitions only, with no inter-district, or inter-club travel. Please see the full statement here
All Sydney Badge Competitions will remain postponed until Thursday, 30th April (both Thursday and Saturday Competitions) Closer to the proposed resume date, we will review and consider current health advice and government guideline/recommendations before confirming the Sydney Badge competition resumption.
The competitions team still have every hope in completing the full badge season at some stage this year and will provide further updates on the season and match rounds as we approach the date in Aprile. Please be advised that the payment of invoices will not be enforced until such time when there is a clearer understanding of when the competition may proceed.
As I hope you have seen, there are an array of community and social tennis opportunities amongst you and your peers. We entrust you to ensure appropriate protective measures are observed; such as regular hand hygiene practices before, minimise gatherings before and after the match, do not share drink bottles, consider marking tennis balls to help identify whose is whose and also avoid touching your face.
Thank you again for your cooperation and understanding in these most challenging of times.
Many thanks and stay safe,
Tennis NSW Competitions Team