Northern Beaches have confirmed we can resume doubles play under the following conditions.
- Players must be double vaccinated.
- Players must have with them at the time of playing proof of their double vaccination.
- ALL players must show their proof of vaccination to MTC staff before playing.
- Playtime for double should be 1 1/2 hours for members during member time.
After your game you must leave the courts immediately.
But it was Raducanu, 18, who completed the improbable story line at Arthur Ashe Stadium, winning a fiercely contested battle of brave shot-making and defensive grit, 6-4, 6-3, to claim the U.S. Open championship.
Raducanu became the first qualifier to win a Grand Slam title in the sport’s Open era. And she did it without conceding a set over 10 matches — three in qualifying, seven during the tournament.
For the achievement, she collected a $2.5 million winner’s check that will boost her year-to-date earnings of $268,191 roughly tenfold.
As runner-up, Fernandez, 19, earned $1.25 million. They were the first teenagers to meet in the U.S. Open final since 1999, when Serena Williams won the first of her 23 major titles at 17, over Martina Hingis. — Liz Clarke
- Annual Club Championships Entries Now OpenSeptember 28, 2021
- COVID-19 102 cases | Manly, NSWSeptember 23, 2021
- Club Newsletter – 20/9/2021 | MLTCSeptember 20, 2021
- Two Golden Slams in One Day | NYTimesSeptember 19, 2021
- How Much Water Do You Actually Need? | NYTimesSeptember 19, 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE 17 Sept | TNSWSeptember 17, 2021
Corner Belgrave & Raglan Streets
Manly NSW 2095
Tennis Club: 02 9977 6023
Court Hire: 02 9977 3159
Monday to Friday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am - 6:00pm