As you will see if you open the link to Tennis NSW https://www.tennis.com.au/nsw/news/2021/09/17/covid-19-update-as-at-17-september, many tennis venues are still not allowing doubles as they aren’t able to check proof of double vaccinations. We are extremely fortunate that MTC staff have been willing to do this both for our members and the general public and we thank Scott and Tommy for all their time and efforts in this regard.
We appreciate that it might be a little inconvenient to show your proof of double vaccination every time you play doubles. However, while Scott and Tommy may know you are vaccinated, it is a NSW Health requirement that if the venue were to be checked at any time by Police, everyone playing doubles must have their proof on them, every time.
We will keep monitoring the rules and will update members if anything changes in this regard. Singles play is still available for those who aren’t double vaccinated. Thank you for your cooperation.
Doubles Play Rules
As of Tue 14th Sep, doubles is now allowed under the following conditions:
- All 4 players must be double-vaccinated & carry proof every time they play.
- Players must show their double-vaccinated status:
- On arrival at the club when checking in
- If requested by Police at any time
- Max court time for doubles is 1.5hrs for members during member’s times.
- Please see below for details from NSW Gov website.
- Please note – singles play is still allowed for those not fully vaccinated.
Other COVID-safe requirements remain in place:
- Make a booking before coming to the club on 9977 3159. You must live within the Northern Beaches LGA or within 5km from home to play.
- Masks required when arriving/leaving the centre and to/from your court.
- Use the QR code to check in.
We have had a few problems with the Treasurer’s email so if you haven’t received your invoice or do not want to continue your membership please let me know.